Friday, May 25, 2012

Mass Effect forums

So I finally broke down and decided to start up a profile for the Mass Effect forum. Despite it being, quite possibly, my favorite game of all time, I didn't want to get involved with the forum for reasons I'll get into below. Since Bioware is owned by EA, the forums are pretty much the same design as the Sims forums, so if you're a fellow simmer and have an account over at Bioware, don't be afraid to hit me up!

Why did I not want to be a member of the Mass Effect forums you might ask? Well, I'm already a big geek when it comes to the ME series. I can probably start reciting obscure data from the game's codex, I have (and read) all the books and comics (except for that flaming POS Deception), I have an action figure or two, and I might have a certain favorite character's name as a license plate for my own car. So yeah.....I think I have a borderline unhealthy obsession with the game series (but really, it's kind of my generation's sci-fi adventure so that's okay right? It's like avid fans of Star Wars or Star Trek and they're pretty normal right???) and I didn't want to add "forum poster" to that list of "why I'm such a loser super cool." Sigh...


So what made me change my mind you might ask? I could go into some long-winded explanation about how I'm eager to share my Mass Effect Sims with other fans or how this is the time when Bioware is combing through the forums looking for ideas for future DLC, improvements, and suggestions for the next ME game they make, but I won't.  Instead, here's the short answer: I don't have anyone in RL to talk about Mass Effect to the same extent that I do. Sure I have friends who like the game series well enough, but they're not obsessed about it like me. And many of them are still pretty pissed off about DEM ENDINGS (but that's a topic for another day).

OH and Happy Towel Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment